ACCFutures – Job Description
Title: Project Officer Reports to: Executive Director and Manager of Business Development
Job Summary: The Project Officer supports the Manager of Business Development with the management of loan processing and business development duties. The Project Officer supports the Office Manager with the day-to-day bookkeeping, record keeping, and human resource management. The Project Officer may also assist the Executive Director with other projects from time to time.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the Manager of Business Development in processing and monitoring loan files, including the preparation and filing of required documents as directed.
- Assist the Manager of Business Development with day-to-day activities to successfully deliver the Community Futures Program and various FedDev and other entity contracts.
- Support the Office Manager with regular bookkeeping and human resources duties.
- Support the Executive Director in planning, organizing, and executing special projects as assigned.
Primary Job Functions:
Loan Administration for the Community Futures Investment Fund and Community Venture Captial Fund:
- Be the first point of contact for cold calls and loan/business development inquiries.
- Be the point of contact and support loan client inquiries, including loan balances, loan reports, etc.
- Assist with the administration of all loans from the proposal stage through to the application, loan submission setup, personal net worth calculation, interest rate risk rating, approval and renewal stages.
- Perform Garda and Equifax searches.
- Enter the client’s information into TEAX and Zoho.
- Create amortization schedules.
- Prepare all security documents, including the Offer to Finance, personal guarantee and postponement of claim, waiver of independent legal advice, landlord waiver, general security agreement, Statement of Disclosure and instruction letter to the solicitor.
- Create and maintain digital and physical files for each loan client.
- Follow up with potential clients, as required, in support of the application and monitoring process.
- Loan monitoring, including loan renewals, insurance policies and year-end financials
- Prepare loan renewals, including issuing renewal notices.
- Assist loan discharges, including closing the file, removal of securities, PPSA removal, etc.
Support activities for the FedDev Contract and other contracts:
- Record and track inquiries received by phone, email, or as directed by other staff into Zoho to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as required by FedDev.
- Support the planning, organization, and execution of other contractual agreements as undertaken by the organization.
Support the Office Manager
- Support loan collections, issuing invoices, and other payments through online banking and TEAX.
- Support payments of invoices, reconciling credit card statements, printing cheques, etc.
- Support new employee orientations, payroll, benefits and pension, staff vacation and sick time.
- Support the creation and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Support month-end duties and activities.
Other support duties (as required)
- Supporting ACCPathways projects
- Supporting ACCInnovation projects
- Supporting The Port Lands project
- Supporting advertising, marketing, social media announcements, posts, monitoring comments and messages, etc.
- Post Secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration or a related subject or field.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that your own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.